Rubber Knob for K2

Dave Anderson, K4SV
Hi Gang,

I would like information on obtaining the knob I have
seen on some
K2's.  It apprears to be heavy plastic with a rubber
outter edge.  Anyone
having information such as part number and source
please let me know .

Thanks in advance,

Dave K4SV...

RE: Rubber Knob for K2

Don Wilhelm-3
Dave,

If you are referring to the Yaesu FT-900 knob, you can find details on my
website www.qsl.net/w3fpr.  The smaller F-100 knob (with finger depression)
is preferred by some folks, but the FT-900 knob is heavier and my
preference.  I have also seen the Yaesu rubber tire for the FT-900 knob
installed over the stock K2 knob - it takes a small amount of stretching,
but it works FB if you just want to get rid on the sharp outer edge of the
stock knob.

Re: Rubber Knob for K2

Bob Nielsen
Or as some have done, put a thick rubber band from the produce
department of your local supermarket (as used on broccoli or
asparagus) over the stock knob.

73, Bob N7XY

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 08:10:02AM -0500, W3FPR - Don Wilhelm wrote:

> Dave,
>
> If you are referring to the Yaesu FT-900 knob, you can find details on my
> website www.qsl.net/w3fpr.  The smaller F-100 knob (with finger depression)
> is preferred by some folks, but the FT-900 knob is heavier and my
> preference.  I have also seen the Yaesu rubber tire for the FT-900 knob
> installed over the stock K2 knob - it takes a small amount of stretching,
> but it works FB if you just want to get rid on the sharp outer edge of the
> stock knob.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR

RE: Rubber Knob for K2

Jim Sheldon
Yeah, but that looks tacky hi hi.  The K2 is more elegant than that.  Buy
yourself one of those "finger dimples".  It looks good on the knob, and once
you get used to it, makes speed-tuning a snap.

W0EB
K2 #4338

Re: Rubber Knob for K2

Tony Martin W4FOA
I agree Jim, the finger dimples are neat.  Also a neat addition to the K2 is
the Elecraft/Bencher Hex paddle...what a great feel!  72
Tony, W4FOA

Yeah, but that looks tacky hi hi.  The K2 is more elegant than that.  Buy
yourself one of those "finger dimples".  It looks good on the knob, and once
you get used to it, makes speed-tuning a snap.

W0EB
K2 #4338

RE: Rubber Knob for K2

Thom LaCosta
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Jim Sheldon wrote:

> Yeah, but that looks tacky hi hi.  The K2 is more elegant than that.  Buy
> yourself one of those "finger dimples".  It looks good on the knob, and once
> you get used to it, makes speed-tuning a snap.

Use of the rubber band helps promote the "Mojo back to Nature" movement.  In
some ways it also insures that K2 owners may injest vegatables.

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,
Free Classified Ads for amateur radio, QRP IRC channel
Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/              Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month

Re: Rubber Knob for K2

Bob -  W5BIG
I have a light blue broccoli-band on my K2 and I like
the dash of color it adds.  Decorative, functional and healthy too.

73/ Bob - W5BIG

> > Yeah, but that looks tacky hi hi.  The K2 is more elegant than that.
Buy
> > yourself one of those "finger dimples".  It looks good on the knob, and
once
> > you get used to it, makes speed-tuning a snap.
>
> Use of the rubber band helps promote the "Mojo back to Nature" movement.
In
> some ways it also insures that K2 owners may injest vegatables.

Re: Rubber Knob for K2

Tom McCulloch
I also have brocoli band, but when I push the PA and the rig gets a little warm, the aroma makes me hungry!
tom, wb2qdg
k2 1103

From: "Bob -  W5BIG" <[hidden email]>