Suggestions for using the KPA500 with two antennas?

Suggestions for using the KPA500 with two antennas?

tomb18
Can anyone suggest a way to attach two antennas to the KPA500?  I had two on my barefoot setup but it would be great to be able to switch antennas with the front panel ANT switch.  Is this possible somehow?

Thanks

Re: Suggestions for using the KPA500 with two antennas?

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
The KAT500 tuner has two antenna outputs that can be switched in this manner. We are in final test and development on this right now.

73,

Eric

www.elecraft.com
_..._

On Oct 18, 2011, at 7:27 PM, tomb18 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a way to attach two antennas to the KPA500?  I had two on
> my barefoot setup but it would be great to be able to switch antennas with
> the front panel ANT switch.  Is this possible somehow?
>
> Thanks

Re: Suggestions for using the KPA500 with two antennas?

NH7RO
Until the KAT500 comes along I am presently using a two-position antenna switch connected to the amp's output.  One line goes to my Rat Pak 6-position remote antenna switch, the other goes to my 12m rotatable dipole that I recently added to my ant. farm.

Yes, a few times I've forgotten to switch to the correct antenna while xmitting but the KPA500 has always warned me via all the flashing red LEDs and HI REFL PWR message (oops!)---at least to no ill effect, thanks to the brilliant Elecraft engineering.

You might want to try this arrangement (and make a little sticker to remind you to have the switch set on the right antenna before xmitting like I did) in the meantime.

73, Jeff

K3/100  #5528
P3        #1397
KPA500 #0250