Switch Tone Volume

Roy Morris-6
I would like to know how the MONitor level is used to change the switch tone volume.  When I change the MON level there is no change.  I have talked with another K3 owner who also says his MON control does not change his switch tone volume either.  We are both using v 2.63 firmware.  Maybe we are overlooking something.  Please let me know if the switch tone volume can be changed, and if so, how.   Presently it is low  and not very audible.  Thanks.  Roy Morris  W4WFB

Re: Switch Tone Volume

KK7P
> I would like to know how the MONitor level is used to change the switch
> tone volume...

Go to CW mode, press the CMP|PWR|MON knob until MON is displayed in VFO
B and adjust the level.

Switch tones will be at that level.

73,

Lyle KK7P

RE: Switch Tone Volume

W7TMT
It works for me. I'm running firmware beta version MCU 2.63 - DSP 1.95. As I crank up the Monitor Level the Switch Tones get louder. (In other words I hold in the Mon/CMP/PWR knob until "MON" followed by its setting number appears and then adjust that setting level and the Switch Tones follow along.) If I reduce the Monitor Tone level to 0 (zero) the Switch Tones can't be heard.

Seems to work for SN 1889.

73/Patrick
W7TMT

RE: Switch Tone Volume

Don Nesbitt
Unfortunately the CW sidetone will also be at the same level and when
switching from speaker to headphones this can get a bit overwhelming!

Sure would be nice to be able to set the volume of each independently or did
I miss something?  '73 es gud dxing -- Don N4HH K3/100/KRX3 #83

> I would like to know how the MONitor level is used to change the switch
> tone volume...

Go to CW mode, press the CMP|PWR|MON knob until MON is displayed in VFO
B and adjust the level.

Switch tones will be at that level.

73,

Lyle KK7P