TCXO3 Method 3 REF CAL when might it be implemented

TCXO3 Method 3 REF CAL when might it be implemented

Roger Marrotte-2
Many of us have the TCXO3 and I for one, and I assume many others, would
like to have some idea when the "Method 3 (1 ppm TCXO Option)" will be
implemented.  I'll settle for something like soon, in a few months, by the
end of the year or when we get around to it.  Some statement on the subject
would be appreciated.

Thanks, a very satisfied K3 owner,

Roger, W1EM

RE: TCXO3 Method 3 REF CAL when might it be implemented

Bob Serwy
 Unless I am mistaken, the tcxo3 option gives you +/- 1 ppm now.  Method 3
will improve this to +/- 0.5 ppm (when implemented).  The standard tcxo
provides +/- 5 ppm.

Bob Serwy - N9RS

Re: TCXO3 Method 3 REF CAL when might it be implemented

Brett Howard
You are not mistaken this is 100% true!  The purchase was not in vain
it gains you an instant 80% increase in accuracy.  Its that last
little bit that isn't implemented yet...

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Bob Serwy <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Unless I am mistaken, the tcxo3 option gives you +/- 1 ppm now.  Method 3
> will improve this to +/- 0.5 ppm (when implemented).  The standard tcxo
> provides +/- 5 ppm.
>

> Bob Serwy - N9RS

Greg - AB7R
Here's some good new Roger.

It is already working at 1ppm.  So if that's your goal, you were there when
you installed the TCXO-3.  The method 3 calibration is for the FW to enhance
the result to .5ppm.  It's high on Wayne's list but I cannot say when it
will be done.

73
Greg
AB7R