Test

chas
Excuse the bandwidth, but I have recently sent messages to the reflector
and not seen them appear on the list.

73 from Charles - M0BIN

Re: Test

Don Wilhelm-4
  Charles,

If you see this response but not your own ---

There is an option on your subscription profile to not receive your own
messages - "Receive your own posts to the list?".  If you set that to
No, you will not see your own posts.  Worthy of a check.

On 7/17/2011 1:34 PM, Charles wrote:
> Excuse the bandwidth, but I have recently sent messages to the reflector
> and not seen them appear on the list.
>
> 73 from Charles - M0BIN

Re: Test

chas
On 17/07/11 18:53, Don Wilhelm wrote:

>    Charles,
>
> If you see this response but not your own ---
>
> There is an option on your subscription profile to not receive your own
> messages - "Receive your own posts to the list?".  If you set that to
> No, you will not see your own posts.  Worthy of a check.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FP

Thank you for that information Don.
I have checked my subscription profile.
I have also sent a further test so I am awaiting to see what will happen.

73 from Charles - M0BIN

Re: Test

Don Wilhelm-4
  I was also told privately (not sure why he did not post it) that he
has a similar problem when using gmail from his Thunderbird email client
(or I assume any other local email client).
OTOH if he sends from the gmail webmail he sees his own post.

On 7/17/2011 3:51 PM, Charles wrote:

> On 17/07/11 18:53, Don Wilhelm wrote:
>>     Charles,
>>
>> If you see this response but not your own ---
>>
>> There is an option on your subscription profile to not receive your own
>> messages - "Receive your own posts to the list?".  If you set that to
>> No, you will not see your own posts.  Worthy of a check.
>>
>> 73,
>> Don W3FP
> Thank you for that information Don.
> I have checked my subscription profile.
> I have also sent a further test so I am awaiting to see what will happen.

Re: Test

Dave Wright
For mailing lists, Gmail typically does NOT reflect back whatever you post to the list.

It automatically filters out the posts that you send to avoid duplication in your gmail mailbox. Every list I belong to is the same way; I subscribe to them using Gmail and I never get my posts back, but they are posted to the mailing list. However, if you go to the online version of the mailing list, you'll see that your posts are getting through.

Dave

--
Dave Wright
K3DCW

"Real radio bounces off the sky"

On Sunday, July 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:

>  I was also told privately (not sure why he did not post it) that he
> has a similar problem when using gmail from his Thunderbird email client
> (or I assume any other local email client).
> OTOH if he sends from the gmail webmail he sees his own post.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
>
> On 7/17/2011 3:51 PM, Charles wrote:
> > On 17/07/11 18:53, Don Wilhelm wrote:
> > >  Charles,
> > >
> > > If you see this response but not your own ---
> > >
> > > There is an option on your subscription profile to not receive your own
> > > messages - "Receive your own posts to the list?". If you set that to
> > > No, you will not see your own posts. Worthy of a check.
> > >
> > > 73,
> > > Don W3FP
> > Thank you for that information Don.
> > I have checked my subscription profile.
> > I have also sent a further test so I am awaiting to see what will happen.

Re: Test

Bob Nielsen-2
That's a "feature" of Google mail and there is no solution.  I set my maiier to Bcc: a copy to myself but never see anything forwarded from reflectors.

73, Bob N7XY

On Jul 17, 2011, at 10:34 AM, Charles wrote:

> Excuse the bandwidth, but I have recently sent messages to the reflector
> and not seen them appear on the list.
>
> 73 from Charles - M0BIN

_____
N7XY DX Cluster Node - telnet to n7xy.net, port 7300

Re: Test

Hank Garretson
On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Bob Nielsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

That's a "feature" of Google mail and there is no solution.

I can see my reflected posts to a mailing list by clicking on All Mail on
the left side of the Google mail viewer.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light

Re: Test

Bob Nielsen-2
True, but not if you have it forwarded to your mail client via pop3.

73, Bob N7XY