Thermal Stress in K2, K3 and I guess KX3

Thermal Stress in K2, K3 and I guess KX3

John Huggins, kx4o
All,

Has anyone seen any degradation or temporary non-operation in the QRP
versions of the K2 or K3 while operating in hot conditions?  Symptoms
might include:

- gradual loss in output power
- gradual increase in output power
- controls stop working due to some processor lockup
- unexpected receiver bandwidth changes
- frequency drift (although what doesn't drift a little)
- any other change that returns to normal upon return to normal temps

This question works the other way too.  Has anyone seen the above during
very cold operation?

As for the KX3, has the thermal analysis highlighted any stress point(s)?

Thanks.

John, kx4o

Re: Thermal Stress in K2, K3 and I guess KX3

Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Thermal Stress in K2, K3 and I guess KX3

Fred Townsend
I haven't seen any of the problems you suggest nor would I expect them. The
circuits are digitally controlled with feedback and temperature monitoring.
This is not your grandfather's open loop analog rig.

de Fred, AE6QL