Thoughts on what I am begging to see on the reflector

Thoughts on what I am begging to see on the reflector

w4giw
Gentlemen, I am a two year veteran of the FT2000 reflector and I am beginning to see some of the same type of thoughts that turned that reflector into a total mess.  Most of us including me think the K3 is a fine rig and I have been instrumental in selling 5 of them for Elecraft thus far.

 We do not need cheerleaders for the K3. The K3 and Wayne and Eric, et all, can take care of themselves. When complaints occur, especially when made by a number of users such as the comments about noise, There is no need for anyone to suggest that they need to leave or go away or change subjects or anything else. Lets let everybody have their say even when you dont agree and feel they are talking down the worlds greatest ham rig from the most responsive company in the business. Comments like read the manual, learn how to set up the rig, This rig is for experienced operators and appliance uses should move on, etc, are of very little value to anyone and only poison the group.   If the threads get too much for you then use the delete or an email filter,

With the number  of K3s being sold we will get new members every day, what is old and worn out info to you is new for them.  I urge you all to discipline yourself and what you have to say and make sure that what you say, provides info, assistance or ask for help. Nothing wrong with saying I dont have that problem or what you did to solve it but please dont feel the need to rise to defend the radio from every negative comment. I dont think Wayne or Eric want us to do that.

Thanks for the bandwidth. Van W4GIW a ham for 58 years.

Re: Thoughts on what I am begging to see on the reflector

PD2R
I couldn't agree more. Thank you.

2009/12/19 van fair <[hidden email]>

> Gentlemen, I am a two year veteran of the FT2000 reflector and I am
> beginning to see some of the same type of thoughts that turned that
> reflector into a total mess.  Most of us including me think the K3 is a fine
> rig and I have been instrumental in selling 5 of them for Elecraft thus far.
>
>  We do not need cheerleaders for the K3. The K3 and Wayne and Eric, et all,
> can take care of themselves. When complaints occur, especially when made by
> a number of users such as the comments about noise, There is no need for
> anyone to suggest that they need to leave or go away or change subjects or
> anything else. Lets let everybody have their say even when you dont agree
> and feel they are talking down the worlds greatest ham rig from the most
> responsive company in the business. Comments like read the manual, learn how
> to set up the rig, This rig is for experienced operators and appliance uses
> should move on, etc, are of very little value to anyone and only poison the
> group.   If the threads get too much for you then use the delete or an email
> filter,
>
> With the number  of K3s being sold we will get new members every day, what
> is old and worn out info to you is new for them.  I urge you all to
> discipline yourself and what you have to say and make sure that what you
> say, provides info, assistance or ask for help. Nothing wrong with saying I
> dont have that problem or what you did to solve it but please dont feel the
> need to rise to defend the radio from every negative comment. I dont think
> Wayne or Eric want us to do that.
>
> Thanks for the bandwidth. Van W4GIW a ham for 58 years.

Maarten, PD2R
Member of the PI4DX contest group
www.pi4dx.com

Elecraft K3 nr:1849

Re: Thoughts on what I am begging to see on the reflector

Mike Reublin
Well and fairly said.

73, Mike NF4L