Transmit AM through FM Filter?

Dan Atchison
Checked the archives, but unable to find an answer. If I was to
purchase ONLY an FM filter, can I also TX AM through it without issue?
I know RXing is not a problem.

Thanks
73,
Dan - N3ND (anxiously awaiting a K3)

Re: Transmit AM through FM Filter?

Don Wilhelm-4
Dan,

The 'without issue' part is important here.  While it could possibly
work, to work with spurs and other 'bad things happening' is not likely.
  The 6kHz filter is for AM transmit.  The K3 may even prevent AM
transmission if that filter is not installed, but I don't know that for
certain.

Dan Atchison wrote:
> Checked the archives, but unable to find an answer. If I was to purchase
> ONLY an FM filter, can I also TX AM through it without issue? I know
> RXing is not a problem.
>
> Thanks
> 73,
> Dan - N3ND (anxiously awaiting a K3)

Re: Transmit AM through FM Filter?

KK7P
> Checked the archives, but unable to find an answer. If I was to purchase
> ONLY an FM filter, can I also TX AM through it without issue?

The current firmware blocks the use of any foilter for AM Tx other than
6 kHz.

73,

Lyle KK7P

Re: Transmit AM through FM Filter?

David Woolley (E.L)
Don Wilhelm wrote:

> The 'without issue' part is important here.  While it could possibly
> work, to work with spurs and other 'bad things happening' is not likely.

Did you, instead, really mean "without spurs..." here?

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to