Trouble with RTTY

Roger Marrotte-2
I've been fooling around with RTTY for a few days on my K3.  It was working fine yesterday.  I even made a contact and was told I was loud and clear, but today I'm having a problem on receive.  The K3 is in DATA mode and set to FSK D.  It was in this mode yesterday.  I have the DUAL PB turned on.  I'm able to tune in an S9+ RTTY signal easily and have it decode on the K3 screen solidly.  I have MMTTY (latest version) running on my computer.  When the K3 is in DATA mode (whether DUAL PB is on or off) the audio from the radio to the computer is virtually nonexistent.  The audio from the K3 speaker is loud and clear.  This is while the K3 is decoding the RTTY perfectly on it's screen.  I have CWT turned on and the LCD segments are centered.  FC says * 1.35 and is not movable. If I switch the K3 to LSB, the audio to the computer is is now loud and decodes perfectly in the MMTTY screen.  LIN OUT is set to 15 and seems to be more than enough for MMTTY.  I touch nothing else but the MODE.  This didn't happen yesterday.  Yesterday while in FSK D DATA mode, the audio to the computer remained loud and clear.  It's almost as if today the K3 isn't putting out audio when it is in FSK D MODE or that the filter is somehow shifted.

Roger, W1EM

RE: Trouble with RTTY

Joe Subich, W4TV-3

Roger,

What is the Mark frequency in MMTTY vs. the Mark Frequency
in the K3?

RE: Trouble with RTTY

Ed Muns, W0YK
Make sure the K3 PITCH value matches the MMTTY MARK value.  The rest of your settings below seem OK.  Sometimes, a discrepancy will show up as the two tones offset from the two yellow lines in the MMTTY FFT display.

73,
Ed - W0YK

[...]

Chen,

That's it!
The radio has come back to life.  I don't remember ever hearing about using
PITCH and being able to change the frequency for the RTTY tones so I'm
pretty sure the K3 side of things wasn't changed.  The one thing I forgot to
mention, of course, was that I was having trouble trying to set up MMTTY
with Writelog so I reinstalled MMTTY this morning in C:\MMTTY vs. the
default \Program Files\MMTTY location.  It was a Vista problem, I think.
That fixed the problem I was having but I guess the tone pair frequency was
changed in MMTTY.  I learned something and now I'm happy.

So, for others out there thinking about using RTTY on a K3 with MMTTY, Vista
might bite you if you install in the \Program Files directory, and you can
change the RTTY tone frequencies on your K3 by holding in the SPOT button
(PITCH) and turning the main VFO knob to match the frequencies set up in
MMTTY.

Thanks,

Roger, W1EM