Usefulness of the the list

Larry - K2GN
I agree with Claude.
The "Beating a horse to death" and then "Beating it for dying", certainly
has rendered the Elecraft list pretty useless.
It's just too many messages to weed through looking for something
meaningful.
Even filtering becomes useless.
It's a shame because some guys post real useful messages that get beaten
into the ground with challenges, their thoughts and OH yeah, those "My other
brand rig" does it this way, can you make the Kx do that!!"   Yeah, stay
with your "other brand rig". If I want to know about those rigs, I'll
subscribe to their reflectors.
Unfortunately What is needed is 2 list, one for all this nonsense type stuff
and one for real Elecraft stuff.

Wayne,  maybe you should give some thought for announcing Elecraft NEWS
Items, like Beta test releases, Firmware, new products and Real Elecraft
stuff from Elecraft.
It could be a outgoing list only where nobody gets to respond!!!!

Just a thought(s).
de K2GN - Larry
K3 S/N - 3278   P3 - ???  (ordered)

Re: Usefulness of the the list

Gary Gregory
Hmmmm...it does seem to going down the road of a "Slow News Day"..??

Maybe it is time for a break..or maybe we could find a manufacturer who
makes "Wheels" for the K3 so we could "really" go mobile?

Time for my "Poppy Nap", the nice man in the pretty white coat is trying to
tell me something.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gary

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 2:41 AM, Larry - K2GN <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree with Claude.
> The "Beating a horse to death" and then "Beating it for dying", certainly
> has rendered the Elecraft list pretty useless.
> It's just too many messages to weed through looking for something
> meaningful.
> Even filtering becomes useless.
> It's a shame because some guys post real useful messages that get beaten
> into the ground with challenges, their thoughts and OH yeah, those "My
> other
> brand rig" does it this way, can you make the Kx do that!!"   Yeah, stay
> with your "other brand rig". If I want to know about those rigs, I'll
> subscribe to their reflectors.
> Unfortunately What is needed is 2 list, one for all this nonsense type
> stuff
> and one for real Elecraft stuff.
>
> Wayne,  maybe you should give some thought for announcing Elecraft NEWS
> Items, like Beta test releases, Firmware, new products and Real Elecraft
> stuff from Elecraft.
> It could be a outgoing list only where nobody gets to respond!!!!
>
> Just a thought(s).
> de K2GN - Larry
> K3 S/N - 3278   P3 - ???  (ordered)

> 02:31:00

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
http://www.qsl.net/vk4fd/
K3 #679
For everything else there's Mastercard!!!

Re: Usefulness of the the list

Jim Cox
Amen to those thoughts...   This reflector has too many messages totally
unrelated to Elecraft products.  I don't care if your old radio had certain
features or the constant whining and griping.

Jim K4JAF

> The "Beating a horse to death" and then "Beating it for dying", certainly
> has rendered the Elecraft list pretty useless.
> It's just too many messages to weed through looking for something
> meaningful.
> Even filtering becomes useless.
> It's a shame because some guys post real useful messages that get beaten
> into the ground with challenges, their thoughts and OH yeah, those "My
> other
> brand rig" does it this way, can you make the Kx do that!!"   Yeah, stay
> with your "other brand rig". If I want to know about those rigs, I'll
> subscribe to their reflectors.
> Unfortunately What is needed is 2 list, one for all this nonsense type
> stuff
> and one for real Elecraft stuff.
>
> Wayne,  maybe you should give some thought for announcing Elecraft NEWS
> Items, like Beta test releases, Firmware, new products and Real Elecraft
> stuff from Elecraft.
> It could be a outgoing list only where nobody gets to respond!!!!
>
> Just a thought(s).
> de K2GN - Larry
> K3 S/N - 3278   P3 - ???  (ordered)

> Database version: 6.14850

02:31:00

Database version: 6.14850

> Database version: 6.14850

Database version: 6.14850

Re: Usefulness of the the list

n7ws
The list is just fine as is.

Re: Usefulness of the the list

lstavenhagen
I don't think I've ever been on a list that _wasn't_ full of OT posts and childish tantrums and fights.

Just don't read the stuff, the delete key is your friend here and it works every time.

And when the children email you directly as they did me during the posting-personal-info thread, just cut-n-paste 'em a message to not write you again until they grow up.

Simple as pie!

73,
LS
W5QD

Re: Usefulness of the the list

Bob-270
Agreed...

Sometimes you have to dig for the gems as they are all not lying on the
surface.

73,
Bob
K2TK

On 4/23/2010 1:51 PM, Wes Stewart wrote:
> The list is just fine as is.

Re: Usefulness of the the list [END of Thread]

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
[End of thread]

Folks - Please send any and ALL list complaints or sugggestions to me as
the list moderator  and -not- to the list. Posting here only serves to
further decrease the signal to noise ratio and is outside of the list
guidelines.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ
Elecraft List Moderator
[Who was out of the office yesterday and is just now catching up with
list postings.]

Re: Usefulness of the the list

N5GE
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:41:19 -0400, "Larry - K2GN" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

I think the list is fine.

I read the list and others with Forte' Agent because it has infinite
filtering possibilities, allowing me to dump what I don't want to read
about.  I'm not advertising here.  I'm simply telling what I do to
enjoy the list and filter out what (to me) is nonsense.  Other folks
view nonsense differently than I do and have different opinions than
I, so rather than gripe about what others like to spout off about, I
filter those folks and their favorite subjects out.

TOM, N5GE BT 73 ES GUD LUK
AR DE N5GE SK

http://www.n5ge.com

>I agree with Claude.
>The "Beating a horse to death" and then "Beating it for dying", certainly
>has rendered the Elecraft list pretty useless.
>It's just too many messages to weed through looking for something
>meaningful.
>Even filtering becomes useless.
>It's a shame because some guys post real useful messages that get beaten
>into the ground with challenges, their thoughts and OH yeah, those "My other
>brand rig" does it this way, can you make the Kx do that!!"   Yeah, stay
>with your "other brand rig". If I want to know about those rigs, I'll
>subscribe to their reflectors.
>Unfortunately What is needed is 2 list, one for all this nonsense type stuff
>and one for real Elecraft stuff.
>
>Wayne,  maybe you should give some thought for announcing Elecraft NEWS
>Items, like Beta test releases, Firmware, new products and Real Elecraft
>stuff from Elecraft.
>It could be a outgoing list only where nobody gets to respond!!!!
>
>Just a thought(s).
>de K2GN - Larry
>K3 S/N - 3278   P3 - ???  (ordered)

Amateur Radio Operator N5GE