Using Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic on K3.. what adapter is required?

Using Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic on K3.. what adapter is required?

mjpilgrim
I am soon to be the owner of a used K3.  I presently use a Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic for my IC-7600 and want to know if anyone here has used this mic on a K3, and if so,  what adapter did you use to connect to the round 8-pin mic input on the K3?  I'd like to hear your ideas.  Thanks
Mike, K5MP
Boca Raton, Fl

Re: Using Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic on K3.. what adapter is required?

Dave Fugleberg
The  Heil pro sets have  a 1/8 inch stereo plug for the phones and a1/8
inch mono plug for the mic. Those will plug right into the back of the K3
without an adapter. If you prefer using the front panel mic connector,
you'll need the Heil AD-1-K adapter.
In either case, don't forget to set the menu selection for which mic (front
or rear) you want to use.

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 7:55 PM mjpilgrim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am soon to be the owner of a used K3.  I presently use a Heil Pro Set
> Elite
> boom mic for my IC-7600 and want to know if anyone here has used this mic
> on
> a K3, and if so,  what adapter did you use to connect to the round 8-pin
> mic
> input on the K3?  I'd like to hear your ideas.  Thanks
> Mike, K5MP
> Boca Raton, Fl

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Using Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic on K3.. what adapter is required?

Jim Rhodes-2
Hmm, mine has a 1/4 inch stereo plug for phones.

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Dave Fugleberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The  Heil pro sets have  a 1/8 inch stereo plug for the phones and a1/8
> inch mono plug for the mic. Those will plug right into the back of the K3
> without an adapter. If you prefer using the front panel mic connector,
> you'll need the Heil AD-1-K adapter.
> In either case, don't forget to set the menu selection for which mic (front
> or rear) you want to use.
>
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 7:55 PM mjpilgrim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I am soon to be the owner of a used K3.  I presently use a Heil Pro Set
> > Elite
> > boom mic for my IC-7600 and want to know if anyone here has used this mic
> > on
> > a K3, and if so,  what adapter did you use to connect to the round 8-pin
> > mic
> > input on the K3?  I'd like to hear your ideas.  Thanks
> > Mike, K5MP
> > Boca Raton, Fl
> >

> > --
> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]

> > Message delivered to [hidden email]

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

--
Jim K0XU
[hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Using Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic on K3.. what adapter is required?

Dave Fugleberg
Jim, I and several of my friends have various models of the Pro Set, and
every one I've seen had the 1/8 inch plugs for both mic and phones, but
perhaps some models are different. Mine has an adapter for the phones to
convert to 1/4 inch when needed- it's low profile and adds very little
length to the plug. I seldom use the adapter, as I prefer to use the rear
jacks on the K3 and keep the front panel clear of wires.
73 de W0ZF
On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 9:06 PM Jim Rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmm, mine has a 1/4 inch stereo plug for phones.
>

> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Dave Fugleberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> The  Heil pro sets have  a 1/8 inch stereo plug for the phones and a1/8
>> inch mono plug for the mic. Those will plug right into the back of the K3
>> without an adapter. If you prefer using the front panel mic connector,
>> you'll need the Heil AD-1-K adapter.
>> In either case, don't forget to set the menu selection for which mic
>> (front
>> or rear) you want to use.
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 7:55 PM mjpilgrim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > I am soon to be the owner of a used K3.  I presently use a Heil Pro Set
>> > Elite
>> > boom mic for my IC-7600 and want to know if anyone here has used this
>> mic
>> > on
>> > a K3, and if so,  what adapter did you use to connect to the round 8-pin
>> > mic
>> > input on the K3?  I'd like to hear your ideas.  Thanks
>> > Mike, K5MP
>> > Boca Raton, Fl
>> >

>> > --
>> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>> >
>> > This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
>> > Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
>> > Message delivered to [hidden email]

>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

> Message delivered to [hidden email]
>>

> --
> Jim K0XU
> [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Using Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic on K3.. what adapter is required?

Michael Chowning
I have a Heil Pro Set Elite 6 with a 1/4 phone plug and 1/8 mic plug but when I looked closer at the 1/4 plug I realized that it is an adapter!  The phone plug really is 1/8 plug that plugged into the adapter.  It is not noticeable until I tugged on it slightly and it come apart.  Then I looked at the box, and it shows a picture of the two leads - 1/8 plugs with a separate 1/4 adapter.
    Mike, N8TTR

> On Jun 18, 2017, at 10:38 PM, Dave Fugleberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Jim, I and several of my friends have various models of the Pro Set, and
> every one I've seen had the 1/8 inch plugs for both mic and phones, but
> perhaps some models are different. Mine has an adapter for the phones to
> convert to 1/4 inch when needed- it's low profile and adds very little
> length to the plug. I seldom use the adapter, as I prefer to use the rear
> jacks on the K3 and keep the front panel clear of wires.
> 73 de W0ZF
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 9:06 PM Jim Rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hmm, mine has a 1/4 inch stereo plug for phones.
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Dave Fugleberg <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The  Heil pro sets have  a 1/8 inch stereo plug for the phones and a1/8
>>> inch mono plug for the mic. Those will plug right into the back of the K3
>>> without an adapter. If you prefer using the front panel mic connector,
>>> you'll need the Heil AD-1-K adapter.
>>> In either case, don't forget to set the menu selection for which mic
>>> (front
>>> or rear) you want to use.

>>> mic

>>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

>> Message delivered to [hidden email]
>>>

>> --
>> Jim K0XU
>> [hidden email]

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Using Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic on K3.. what adapter is required?

Bob Wilson, N6TV
Yes.  Remove all Heil adapters.  Connect Pro Set directly to rear panel
1/8" MIC and PHONES jacks.
Tap MENU.
Rotate VFO B knob until you see MAIN:MIC SEL.
Use MAIN:MIC SEL to select rP (rear panel) mic. by rotating VFO A knob.
Tap 1 to select Lo or Hi mic gain, whichever works best.
Tap 2 to toggle mic bias ON
Tap MENU to exit, or hold it to toggle to the CONFIG menu.

Use CONFIG:SPKR+PH to enable the PC speaker and headphones so you won't
have to reach around to the back of the K3 to unplug anything when you want
to listen with the internal or external speaker.  Assign this function to
PF1 or PF2 for convenience (just hold the PF key when this menu is selected
to make the assignment).

73,
Bob, N6TV

On Jun 18, 2017 6:42 PM, "Dave Fugleberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:

The  Heil pro sets have  a 1/8 inch stereo plug for the phones and a1/8
inch mono plug for the mic. Those will plug right into the back of the K3
without an adapter. If you prefer using the front panel mic connector,
you'll need the Heil AD-1-K adapter.
In either case, don't forget to set the menu selection for which mic (front
or rear) you want to use.

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 7:55 PM mjpilgrim <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am soon to be the owner of a used K3.  I presently use a Heil Pro Set
> Elite
> boom mic for my IC-7600 and want to know if anyone here has used this mic
> on
> a K3, and if so,  what adapter did you use to connect to the round 8-pin
> mic
> input on the K3?  I'd like to hear your ideas.  Thanks
> Mike, K5MP
> Boca Raton, Fl

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Using Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic on K3.. what adapter is required?

Bob McGraw - K4TAX
I use this configuration, headset with mike {Koss SB 40} and a separate
desk boom and mike {PR781} along with a pair of external speakers.  It
is easy to switch between the two mikes with just a change from rP  {SB
40}  to fP {PR 781} via the menu.   In both cases, I find mike gain
selection of HIGH to be the preferred choice.   The SB 40 has a dynamic
mike element so no BIAS is needed for either mike configuration.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 6/19/2017 1:24 AM, Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:

> Yes.  Remove all Heil adapters.  Connect Pro Set directly to rear panel
> 1/8" MIC and PHONES jacks.
> Tap MENU.
> Rotate VFO B knob until you see MAIN:MIC SEL.
> Use MAIN:MIC SEL to select rP (rear panel) mic. by rotating VFO A knob.
> Tap 1 to select Lo or Hi mic gain, whichever works best.
> Tap 2 to toggle mic bias ON
> Tap MENU to exit, or hold it to toggle to the CONFIG menu.
>
> Use CONFIG:SPKR+PH to enable the PC speaker and headphones so you won't
> have to reach around to the back of the K3 to unplug anything when you want
> to listen with the internal or external speaker.  Assign this function to
> PF1 or PF2 for convenience (just hold the PF key when this menu is selected
> to make the assignment).
>
> 73,
> Bob, N6TV
>
> On Jun 18, 2017 6:42 PM, "Dave Fugleberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The  Heil pro sets have  a 1/8 inch stereo plug for the phones and a1/8
> inch mono plug for the mic. Those will plug right into the back of the K3
> without an adapter. If you prefer using the front panel mic connector,
> you'll need the Heil AD-1-K adapter.
> In either case, don't forget to set the menu selection for which mic (front
> or rear) you want to use.
>
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 7:55 PM mjpilgrim <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am soon to be the owner of a used K3.  I presently use a Heil Pro Set
>> Elite
>> boom mic for my IC-7600 and want to know if anyone here has used this mic
>> on
>> a K3, and if so,  what adapter did you use to connect to the round 8-pin
>> mic
>> input on the K3?  I'd like to hear your ideas.  Thanks
>> Mike, K5MP
>> Boca Raton, Fl
>>

>> --
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

>> Message delivered to [hidden email]

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Using Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic on K3.. what adapter is required?

Nolan Kienitz
Dave,

Do you also use the PTT button that Heil has for the Pro Set units? I need to dig into how to make that happen using the rear jacks.

I would like to clean up from front panel as well.

73,
        Nolan Kienitz  -  KI5IO

Message delivered to [hidden email]
73  -  Nolan Kienitz,  KI5IO

Re: Using Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic on K3.. what adapter is required?

Bob McGraw - K4TAX
Plug the mike and phones into the respective jacks as marked on the rear
and the foot switch into the PTT IN connector.   The MENU under MIKE SEL
will need to be changed as discussed earlier.

Personally, as fantastic as the VOX works, I really enjoy using that
feature.   Of course using VOX one needs to use a headset/boom mike so
the mike-to-mouth position stays the same. A bit more challenging to
accomplish with a desk mike or hand mike.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 6/19/2017 11:11 AM, Nolan Kienitz wrote:
> Dave,
>
> Do you also use the PTT button that Heil has for the Pro Set units? I need to dig into how to make that happen using the rear jacks.
>
> I would like to clean up from front panel as well.
>
> 73,
> Nolan Kienitz  -  KI5IO

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Using Heil Pro Set Elite boom mic on K3.. what adapter is required?

Nr4c
There is a PTT RCA jack on rear panel.

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill