VFO A/B mode/filter settings

Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO
Seems like there must be an easy way to do this, but I don't seem
to know it. Help, please:

I want to be able to copy the mode and filter settings from one
VFO to the other. For example, I have VFO A set up for narrow-band
SSB reception. But when I copy VFO A>B, only the frequency is
copied. The previous mode and filter settings for VFO B remain. I
can see instances where you want this behavior (like monitoring CW
with one VFO, SSB with the other), but for many of my purposes,
it's a real pain. Any way to change this behavior? Sorry if this
is RTFM.

Bill W5WVO

Re: VFO A/B mode/filter settings

Don Wilhelm-4
Bill,

Tap A>B twice.  This was introduced several versions of the firmware
back.  The folks who are operating cross mode do not want the mode
transferred, only the frequency, but other situations require that the
full contents are copied.
So tap once to transfer only the frequency and tap twice to transfer
everything.

Bill W5WVO wrote:

> Seems like there must be an easy way to do this, but I don't seem
> to know it. Help, please:
>
> I want to be able to copy the mode and filter settings from one
> VFO to the other. For example, I have VFO A set up for narrow-band
> SSB reception. But when I copy VFO A>B, only the frequency is
> copied. The previous mode and filter settings for VFO B remain. I
> can see instances where you want this behavior (like monitoring CW
> with one VFO, SSB with the other), but for many of my purposes,
> it's a real pain. Any way to change this behavior? Sorry if this
> is RTFM.

RE: VFO A/B mode/filter settings

Brett Howard
Press the button twice in quick succession.  The first press copies only the
freq the second press with in I think 3 seconds copies all information
across.

Re: VFO A/B mode/filter settings

dave.wilburn
I was surprised the first time this 'bit' me.  I had forgot about the
note to push twice.  Works for me.  Great stuff, thanks.

David Wilburn
K4DGW