VFO A tracks VFO b, Help

wa6riv
I updated my firmware and caused a problem. I have not purchased a sub receiver and is not installed.
When I'm in VFO A, and do a band change, VFO B follows the same band.
I can swap A=>B or B=>A, move from A to B or B to A.
But I can't have VFO A on 40 meters and VFO B on 20 meters.
The Band switch transfers both VFO's to the same band at the same time.

What have I done?  Tnx Ted WA6RIV

Re: VFO A tracks VFO b, Help

Don Wilhelm-4
Ted,

It has always worked like that.   If you previously had VFO A and VFO B
showing different bands, I would think you had a display problem.
Currently even with the KRX3 installed, cross-band operation is not yet
implemented in the current firmware, but is being addressed as a planned
future firmware addition (only for those with the KRX3).

wa6riv wrote:

> I updated my firmware and caused a problem. I have not purchased a sub
> receiver and is not installed.
> When I'm in VFO A, and do a band change, VFO B follows the same band.
> I can swap A=>B or B=>A, move from A to B or B to A.
> But I can't have VFO A on 40 meters and VFO B on 20 meters.
> The Band switch transfers both VFO's to the same band at the same time.
>
> What have I done?  Tnx Ted WA6RIV

Re: VFO A tracks VFO b, Help

Igor Sokolov-2
What a surprise! Cross band operation with 2 VFO is implemented even in my
IC7000. I thought it is available in K3 as well especially with 2 complete RX
build in.
Well I hope it will not take long to update the firmware to implement this
feature because my K3 with KRX3 is on the way here and I was intending to use
these 2 receivers to monitor 2 bands simultaneously.
\
73, Igor UA9CDC

> Ted,
>
> It has always worked like that.   If you previously had VFO A and VFO B
> showing different bands, I would think you had a display problem.
> Currently even with the KRX3 installed, cross-band operation is not yet
> implemented in the current firmware, but is being addressed as a planned
> future firmware addition (only for those with the KRX3).
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
>
> wa6riv wrote:
>> I updated my firmware and caused a problem. I have not purchased a sub
>> receiver and is not installed.
>> When I'm in VFO A, and do a band change, VFO B follows the same band.
>> I can swap A=>B or B=>A, move from A to B or B to A.
>> But I can't have VFO A on 40 meters and VFO B on 20 meters.
>> The Band switch transfers both VFO's to the same band at the same time.
>>  What have I done?  Tnx Ted
>> WA6RIV ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> 270.8.0/1722 - Release Date: 10/13/2008 7:50 AM

Re: VFO A tracks VFO b, Help

Greg - AB7R
This is a high priority and Wayne is working on it now.  But it is NOT a trivial matter
and requires a lot of code.  When it's ready it will be announced on the reflector.

-------------------------
73,
Greg - AB7R
Whidbey Island WA
NA-065

On Tue Oct 14 13:22 , "Igor Sokolov"  sent:

>What a surprise! Cross band operation with 2 VFO is implemented even in my
>IC7000. I thought it is available in K3 as well especially with 2 complete RX
>build in.
>Well I hope it will not take long to update the firmware to implement this
>feature because my K3 with KRX3 is on the way here and I was intending to use
>these 2 receivers to monitor 2 bands simultaneously.
>\
>73, Igor UA9CDC
>

>> Ted,
>>
>> It has always worked like that.   If you previously had VFO A and VFO B
>> showing different bands, I would think you had a display problem.
>> Currently even with the KRX3 installed, cross-band operation is not yet
>> implemented in the current firmware, but is being addressed as a planned
>> future firmware addition (only for those with the KRX3).
>>
>> 73,
>> Don W3FPR
>>
>> wa6riv wrote:
>>> I updated my firmware and caused a problem. I have not purchased a sub
>>> receiver and is not installed.
>>> When I'm in VFO A, and do a band change, VFO B follows the same band.
>>> I can swap A=>B or B=>A, move from A to B or B to A.
>>> But I can't have VFO A on 40 meters and VFO B on 20 meters.
>>> The Band switch transfers both VFO's to the same band at the same time.
>>>  What have I done?  Tnx Ted
>>> WA6RIV ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> 270.8.0/1722 - Release Date: 10/13/2008 7:50 AM

>Help: http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
>Elecraft web page: http://www.elecraft.com

Re: VFO A tracks VFO b, Help

ab2tc
Hi all,

I see the lack of crossband A/B switch as a real shortcoming of the K3. I am used to using the A/B switch for a quick excursion to another band to check for band conditions. I realize that with crossband *split* operation, full QSK is not possible because of the many relays involved, but crossband A/B switching should be child's play even without the subreceiver. Please, Elecraft, fix this, even on units without the subreceiver. I don't think there is another transceiver on the market that doesn't allow this. My $450 IC-718 certainly does.

Knut - AB2TC

Igor Sokolov-2 wrote
What a surprise! Cross band operation with 2 VFO is implemented even in my
IC7000. I thought it is available in K3 as well especially with 2 complete RX
build in.
Well I hope it will not take long to update the firmware to implement this
feature because my K3 with KRX3 is on the way here and I was intending to use
these 2 receivers to monitor 2 bands simultaneously.
\
73, Igor UA9CDC

> Ted,
>
> It has always worked like that.   If you previously had VFO A and VFO B
> showing different bands, I would think you had a display problem.
> Currently even with the KRX3 installed, cross-band operation is not yet
> implemented in the current firmware, but is being addressed as a planned
> future firmware addition (only for those with the KRX3).
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
<snip>

Re: VFO A tracks VFO b, Help

wayne burdick
Knut (AB2TC) wrote:

> I am used to using the A/B switch for a quick excursion to another
> band to check for band conditions.

Hi Knut,

This will be possible after I complete work related to the "VFO IND"
(VFO independence) menu entry. This affects a large amount of firmware,
and it won't escape my lab until it's fully tested.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---