[W2} Elecraft W2 Interface program (Ver 1.1.4.12)

[W2} Elecraft W2 Interface program (Ver 1.1.4.12)

Roger de Valle
Has anyone used the third party application by W4SMT for the W2 watt
meter on Windows 7?

I was able to install and run it on XP but the application never appears
on Windows 7, it can be seen as a running task in Windows 7 but no way
can I ever get it to appear on screen.

Roger VK3ADE

Re: [W2} Elecraft W2 Interface program (Ver 1.1.4.12)

Roger de Valle

Re: [W2} Elecraft W2 Interface program (Ver 1.1.4.12)

Roger de Valle
Thank you Jim and David

I will try again with your suggestions.

Roger VK3ADE.

On 06/02/2011 14:25, David Fleming wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> It sounds like a problem with the preferences file. Try deleting the preferences file "W2Prefs" and restarting the .EXE.
>
> On Vista and Windows 7, W2Prefs will be located here:
>
> C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming
>
> The AppData folder might be hidden on Windows Vista and 7.
>
> To unhide this folder (and others), open the Folder Options in the Vista Control Panel, and on the “View” tab, change the option to “show hidden files and folders”, and click ok. You should then be able to navigate to the AppData\Roaming folder and delete the W2Prefs file.
>
> HTH..
>
> 73, David, W4SMT

David

You can download the application from www.remoterig.com. Without a USB
key you will not get it going but it will demonstrate the problem. The
problem is that the remoterig ports have nothing to connect to until
their application is actually running so anyone that polls their virtual
ports will simply hang. Probably the best and fastest solution is simply
allow your user to select a comport rather than you trying to help by
polling for a W2, the remote rig people could also help by modifying
their virtual port drivers. I personally think it is more their problem
than yours.

Best Regards.

Roger VK3ADE.

Roger de Valle