[W2] How do I correctly read the W2?

Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Last week I ordered, assembled, and installed in my station the W2
wattmeter.  Now that I have it, I want to make sure I'm reading the power
output levels correctly, especially as I use it to help tune my AL-811H.  I
assume that I divide the output power referenced (i.e. 2K) and divide it by
20.  Therefore one LED on the power meter represents 1/20 of the selected
scale power.  Am I assuming correctly, or is there some error in my logic
here?  Any and all info is much appreciated.

Thanks.

-- Ian
Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Roswell, GA  EM74ua
[hidden email]
K3 #281, P3 #688

Re: [W2] How do I correctly read the W2?

Rick Stealey

I don't see why you think you have to do math to read out your power.
If you set it to the 2K position you read out your power directly.
Full scale (20) would be 2000 watts, etc.  With your 811 amp you will get around 600-700 watts so you will expect the W2 to read up to about 6-7

Rick  K2XT

Re: [W2] How do I correctly read the W2?

Ian,

The numbers above the LEDs will give you the power level - all that is
required is to decide whether to add one or two zeros to the number
indicated - no high level math involved.  If you know what scale you are
on, the lighted segments will indicate your power.

73,
Don w3FPR

On 1/31/2012 11:59 AM, Ian Kahn wrote:

> Last week I ordered, assembled, and installed in my station the W2
> wattmeter.  Now that I have it, I want to make sure I'm reading the power
> output levels correctly, especially as I use it to help tune my AL-811H.  I
> assume that I divide the output power referenced (i.e. 2K) and divide it by
> 20.  Therefore one LED on the power meter represents 1/20 of the selected
> scale power.  Am I assuming correctly, or is there some error in my logic
> here?  Any and all info is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- Ian
> Ian Kahn, KM4IK
> Roswell, GA  EM74ua
> [hidden email]
> K3 #281, P3 #688

Re: [W2] How do I correctly read the W2?

Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Thanks, all, for the replies.  Now I'm more comfortable that I'm reading
things correctly.

73,

--Ian

Ian Kahn, KM4IK