W2 wattmeter in SO2R

K5WA
My W2 has a pair of 2 KW sensors which I run in the automatic sensor
switching mode.  This way, I don't have to flip any switches as I alternate
between each rig of my SO2R setup.  I am seeing erratic readings in the
automatic sensor switching mode that I am not seeing if I manually throw the
sensor switch to S1 or S2.  From this result, I am concluding that my sensor
hook up is RF sound and the fault must be in the automatic switching
algorithm of the W2.  I get the same erratic readings on the W2 as well as
the W2 software interface application.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks,

Bob K5WA

Re: W2 wattmeter in SO2R

Bill K9YEQ
I was experiencing some erratic behavior, could have been a power
interruption issue.  I reloaded the firmwar; fixed! ( I have 2 sensors as
well, one high power HF and the VHF.)

Bill
K9YEQ

Re: W2 wattmeter in SO2R

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
  We changed the autodetect timing in later W2 firmware releases to dela
with SO2R use. Check to make sure you have the latest f/w loaded in the W2.
See:  http://www.elecraft.com/software/W2/elecraft_w2_software.htm

73, Eric

On 8/25/2010 9:21 AM, Bill K9YEQ wrote:

> I was experiencing some erratic behavior, could have been a power
> interruption issue.  I reloaded the firmwar; fixed! ( I have 2 sensors as
> well, one high power HF and the VHF.)
>
> Bill
> K9YEQ

Eric,

Thanks.  I have the latest.  It only happened once.  I don't recall the
specific circumstances to my issue, it did occur after the update, once, and
has not happened since.  My only issue now is that I have no where to plug
it into power, need to run the fabulous P3!  Will get some adapters today.

Bill
K9YEQ
K2 and KX1 field tester, K3 and modules

  We changed the autodetect timing in later W2 firmware releases to dela
with SO2R use. Check to make sure you have the latest f/w loaded in the W2.
See:  http://www.elecraft.com/software/W2/elecraft_w2_software.htm

73, Eric

On 8/25/2010 9:21 AM, Bill K9YEQ wrote:

> I was experiencing some erratic behavior, could have been a power
> interruption issue.  I reloaded the firmwar; fixed! ( I have 2 sensors
> as well, one high power HF and the VHF.)
>
> Bill
> K9YEQ

Re: W2 wattmeter in SO2R

K5WA