Will it work with all these connections?

Will it work with all these connections?

W0CP
I have a KPA500, KAT500, K3, band decoder, and remote rig with aux ports all connected together (and working) with vga splitter cables. I'd like to get a panadatper. Anybody else have this much stuff working together? Any issues?

73, Walt

Re: Will it work with all these connections?

Elecraft mailing list
I would believe so since the P3 is daisy chained into the Serial port  not the AUX port

I have a KPA500, KAT500, K3, band decoder, and remote rig with aux ports all
connected together (and working) with vga splitter cables. I'd like to get a
panadatper. Anybody else have this much stuff working together? Any issues?

73, Walt

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Will it work with all these connections?

Bob-2
Hi Walt,

         Well close..  If by band decoder you mean the Elecraft KRC2,  I do have
it but do not have any remote rig additions.  However, I do have the XV144 and
XV432 plus the PR6.  Lot of Y's.

         If the Panadapter will be the P3 it is on serial output from the K3 not
the AUX from  the K3.

         Only issue that I know of is that the external devices have to be
powered first or the K3 can hang up when turned on.

73,
Bob
K2TK  ex KN2TKR (1956) & K2TKR

On 3/14/2015 1:53 PM, W0CP wrote:
> I have a KPA500, KAT500, K3, band decoder, and remote rig with aux ports all
> connected together (and working) with vga splitter cables. I'd like to get a
> panadatper. Anybody else have this much stuff working together? Any issues?
>
> 73, Walt

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Will it work with all these connections?

W0CP
What about the rs-232 connection? I am using the RS232 port on the k3 to link to my logging program. The manual says to connect to the P3 using this port. Do you just use an rs232 splitter cable to resolve this?

Re: Will it work with all these connections?

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

On 2015-03-15 10:24 AM, W0CP wrote:
> What about the rs-232 connection? I am using the RS232 port on the k3 to link
> to my logging program. The manual says to connect to the P3 using this port.
> Do you just use an rs232 splitter cable to resolve this?

No, the computer connects to the input of the P3 and the control is
automatically forwarded to the K3.  See the P3 Owners Manual.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

Message delivered to [hidden email]