XV144 input level selection

johnny-52
Hi Group,

The transverter output level of my IC7800 is 22mv.  Could any of you advise which input level I should select for the XV144? 1 mW or 251 mW?

TNX & 73

Johnny Siu VR2XMC

Re: XV144 input level selection

zeke7237
Assuming you meant 22 mW, you should indeed use the 251 mW setting of
the jumpers. The 1 mW setting is for 1 mW maximim. You'll be able to
use the input level control to tweak the transverter to full output
for your drive level.

de w1rt/john

On 7/23/06, johnny <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> The transverter output level of my IC7800 is 22mv.  Could any of you advise which input level I should select for the XV144? 1 mW or 251 mW?
>
> TNX & 73
>
> Johnny Siu VR2XMC

RE: XV144 input level selection

Johnny,

Re-check that output level because it seems quite low.  22mV into a 50 ohm
load is only 9.7 uW power.  I would expect something more on the order of 1
mW and upward.

Hi Don,

I recheck the manual of my ICOM IC7800.  It said a transverter level of
-20dBm or 22mV.

Is -20dBm equivalent to 22mv?  Or is there a mis-print in the ICOM Manual?

73

Johnny Siu VR2XMC

From: "Don Wilhelm" <[hidden email]>
To: "johnny" <[hidden email]>,<[hidden email]>
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] XV144 input level selection
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:54:13 -0400

Johnny,

Re-check that output level because it seems quite low.  22mV into a 50 ohm
load is only 9.7 uW power.  I would expect something more on the order of 1
mW and upward.

XV144 input level selection - working with IC7800

johnny-52
Hi Don,

>From page 3, specifications, of the XV144 Owner manual, the I.F. iput power
range is from -20dBm to +39dBm.

According to operation manul of IC7800, the transverter terminal output
level is -20dBm (or 22mV).

Does this mean that I.F. output of my IC7800 can still drive the XV144 to
the designed power level of 20 watts?

Looking for your advice.

TNX & 73

Johnny Siu VR2XMC