XV144 transverter

Cathy James
"I'm not sure what you mean by 'tie up the K2 as the IF.' It only ties
up the K2 to the extent that you can't be operating on the HF bands at
the same moment."

Exactly -- I can't monitor 2M while making an HF contact or vice versa.
Yeah, yeah, I'm hard to please. :-)

Cathy
N5WVR

RE: XV144 transverter

Don Wilhelm-3
Cathy,

Since monitoring 2 meters while on HF is your stated goal...You might want
to set up a manual switch and a relay on the transverter output so the
HR2600 is only used to monitor the transverter output for receive, but when
something interesting arises, flip the switch and the transverter is
connected to the K2, change bands to the transverter and do both
transmitting and receiving with the K2.  That may be an  easier solution
than trying to adapt the HR2600 for transmitting with the transverter.

RE: XV144 transverter

Ron D'Eau Claire-2
No, that's a valid condition. I often like to do the same.

A second K2 is a good answer <G>. Skip the KPA100 and add the K60XV
interface and you've got a top 'o the line VHF/UHF rig.

Ron AC7AC