Yamaha CM500 wiring for K2?

wrmoore
Does anyone have the wiring for the CM500 to connect to the K2? Or
just the pin-out for the CM500 stereo
connector?

Tnx es 73
Randy, KS4L

Re: Yamaha CM500 wiring for K2?

wrmoore
It's the mic connector I'm asking about. This is probably a dumb
question, but it's only the second mic I've ever owned in about 45
years of hamming!

Randy

On Jan 15, 2010, at 8:59 AM, Randy Moore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone have the wiring for the CM500 to connect to the K2? Or
> just the pin-out for the CM500 stereo
> connector?
>
> Tnx es 73
> Randy, KS4L

Re: Yamaha CM500 wiring for K2?

Jim Brown-10
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:03:55 -0600, Randy Moore wrote:

> Does anyone have the wiring for the CM500 to connect to the K2? Or
> just the pin-out for the CM500 stereo connector?

Connect the "tip" of the CM500 mic connector to the mic input pin of the
K2, connect the "ring" of the CM500 mic connector to the +DC pin on the
K2 mic connector through a resistor of about 5K (value not critical),
and connect the "shell" of the CM500 mic connector to the shell of the
K2 mic connector.

Two ways to do this. For both you need to buy an 8-pin connector. Method
1) Cut the connector off the CM500, strip the wires and identify which
color goes to which pin. Strip the wires from the headset and wire them
to the 8-pin connector.

Method 2) Don't cut any wires. Buy a female 1/8-inch jack from Full
Compass (a very good pro audio vendor in Madison, WI) and make an
adapter.

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/339102.html

You'll pay $1.30 for one connector and about $8 to ship it. :)  That's
silly, of course, but it's how life is. So instead of buying only one
connector, think about other connectors you need and stock up. I did
this about two weeks ago and bought ten each of four types of hard to
find connectors.

I strongly recommend method 2. You'll find that this mic and headphones
work really well on a computer, and on the K3. For these uses, you need
no adapter at all -- they plug straight in.

Note that I haven't identified which pins on the K2 connector are which
-- that depends on how you wired it when you built it, so check the K2
manual and your build notes for that detail.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC

Re: Yamaha CM500 wiring for K2?

wrmoore
Excellet!  Thanks, Jim!

Randy

On Jan 15, 2010, at 11:06 AM, "Jim Brown" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:03:55 -0600, Randy Moore wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have the wiring for the CM500 to connect to the K2? Or
>> just the pin-out for the CM500 stereo connector?
>
> Connect the "tip" of the CM500 mic connector to the mic input pin of
> the
> K2, connect the "ring" of the CM500 mic connector to the +DC pin on
> the
> K2 mic connector through a resistor of about 5K (value not critical),
> and connect the "shell" of the CM500 mic connector to the shell of the
> K2 mic connector.
>
> Two ways to do this. For both you need to buy an 8-pin connector.
> Method
> 1) Cut the connector off the CM500, strip the wires and identify which
> color goes to which pin. Strip the wires from the headset and wire
> them
> to the 8-pin connector.
>
> Method 2) Don't cut any wires. Buy a female 1/8-inch jack from Full
> Compass (a very good pro audio vendor in Madison, WI) and make an
> adapter.
>
> http://www.fullcompass.com/product/339102.html
>
> You'll pay $1.30 for one connector and about $8 to ship it. :)  That's
> silly, of course, but it's how life is. So instead of buying only one
> connector, think about other connectors you need and stock up. I did
> this about two weeks ago and bought ten each of four types of hard to
> find connectors.
>
> I strongly recommend method 2. You'll find that this mic and
> headphones
> work really well on a computer, and on the K3. For these uses, you
> need
> no adapter at all -- they plug straight in.
>
> Note that I haven't identified which pins on the K2 connector are
> which
> -- that depends on how you wired it when you built it, so check the
> K2
> manual and your build notes for that detail.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim Brown K9YC

Re: Yamaha CM500 wiring for K2?

bsbroadcast49
BS Broadcast is a global market leader in supplying of broadcast equipment
specializing in used broadcast equipment. Now we are selling  RTS INTERCOM
SYSTEMS
<https://www.bsbroadcast.com/ericsson-rx8200-mpeg2-mpeg4-sd-hd-4-2-0-dvb-s2-8psk-receiver-multi-service-decryption-biss-and-down-conversion-22033.html>

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/