agm battery info

David A. Belsley
I am looking to replace my, now worn-out, sealed lead acid battery.  I
would like to get an agm battery with at least a 100 aH rating (group
31), preferably a Concorde or one of its off-shoots.  Can anyone
provide me with a good source or two for such items?  Low price and
shipping are nice features.

thanks,

dave belsley, w1euy

Re: agm battery info

Mike B-12
David A. Belsley wrote:
> would like to get an agm battery with at least a 100 aH rating (group
> 31), preferably a Concorde

Ironically, I've been shopping for the exact same batteries over the
last couple of days for work.  I don't know shipping, and I have no
affiliation with them, but check
http://thesolar.biz/Concorde_Battery.htm (PVX-1040T $140; PVX-1080T $150).

You probably already know this from your research, but ensure you get a
charger spec'd for AGMs, though the 'flooded' setting on SOME chargers
will also work.

Mike Boice, KW1ND
Karns, TN
Behold the power of the penguin
Reclaim Your Inbox!  http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Re: agm battery info

Stuart Rohre
Check locally for a chain store called
"Battery Tech"  They have AGM batteries.
Stuart
K5KVH

Re: agm battery info

David A. Belsley
Thanks for the info, Mike.  That's the best price I've found, subject
to shipping costs.  I have the A&A Engineering Smart Charger.  I
believe it is appropriate for AGM batteries.  If you know differently,
I would appreciate knowing.

thanks,

dave belsley, w1euy

On Feb 3, 2005, at 7:27 PM, Mike B wrote:

> David A. Belsley wrote:
>> would like to get an agm battery with at least a 100 aH rating (group
>> 31), preferably a Concorde
>
> Ironically, I've been shopping for the exact same batteries over the
> last couple of days for work.  I don't know shipping, and I have no
> affiliation with them, but check
> http://thesolar.biz/Concorde_Battery.htm (PVX-1040T $140; PVX-1080T
> $150).
>
> You probably already know this from your research, but ensure you get
> a charger spec'd for AGMs, though the 'flooded' setting on SOME
> chargers will also work.

> Mike Boice, KW1ND
> Karns, TN
> Behold the power of the penguin
> Reclaim Your Inbox!  http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Re: agm battery info

Eric Ward-3
There is a 75AH Unigy AGM battery offered through Hamcall that looks
ridiculously inexpensive.

http://hamcall.net/unigy.html

Eric

N0HHS

Re: agm battery info

John-479
It sure looks tempting except for that $51.00 shipping charge to Tucson.
However, they also have a 25ah battery with free shipping for only $40.00.
I just might go for that one because it would be a nice step up from my
current 15ah battery.

--
John   K7SVV
> There is a 75AH Unigy AGM battery offered through Hamcall that looks
> ridiculously inexpensive.
>
> http://hamcall.net/unigy.html
>
> Eric
>
> N0HHS