autotuner for new amp

mike
Okay, so since the Elecraft amp comes without a built-in tuner, what auto tuner might be the best choice to use with the new amp until the Elecraft tuner is developed?

..mike AI6II

Re: autotuner for new amp

Augie "Gus" Hansen
On 3/15/2011 4:48 PM, Mike AI6II wrote:
> Okay, so since the Elecraft amp comes without a built-in tuner, what auto tuner might be the best choice to use with the new amp until the Elecraft tuner is developed?

I'll probably be using an SGC 235 that is rated at 500 watts. I
recently sold the SG500 Smart Power Cube that it was designed to
work with.

Gus Hansen
KB0YH

Re: autotuner for new amp

Phil Salas
The MFJ-994B is $300 at R&L Electronics - might be a good choice if this is an interim tuner while you wait for the KAT500.

Phil - AD5X

Re: autotuner for new amp

Doug Person
The MFJ-994B works OK.  The LDG AT-600Pro is much better.  I have them
both and use them with the Ameritron ALS-600.  The K-3's tuner will tune
many antennas/freqs that neither of these will handle.  The LDG is a
little more expensive.  I got mine at CheapHam.com.

Doug -- K0DXV

On 3/15/2011 6:28 PM, Phil & Debbie Salas wrote:

> The MFJ-994B is $300 at R&L Electronics - might be a good choice if this is an interim tuner while you wait for the KAT500.
>
> Phil - AD5X

autotuner for new amp

Johnny Siu
Hello Doug,

I think KPA500 gives 500W in 6 m which is beyond the limit of AT-600Pro.  6m
could be very challenging and QRO is better.

Anyway, I am awaiting further details of KAT500 before proceeding further.
 cheers,

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
寄件人﹕ Doug Person <[hidden email]>
收件人﹕ [hidden email]
傳送日期﹕ 2011/3/16 (三) 8:52:53 AM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] autotuner for new amp

The MFJ-994B works OK.  The LDG AT-600Pro is much better.  I have them
both and use them with the Ameritron ALS-600.  The K-3's tuner will tune
many antennas/freqs that neither of these will handle.  The LDG is a
little more expensive.  I got mine at CheapHam.com.

Doug -- K0DXV

On 3/15/2011 6:28 PM, Phil & Debbie Salas wrote:

> The MFJ-994B is $300 at R&L Electronics - might be a good choice if this is an
>interim tuner while you wait for the KAT500.
>
> Phil - AD5X

Re: autotuner for new amp

W7GJ, Lance
Hello Johnny,

The need for an extra 3 dB on 6m is why I opted for an M2 6M-1000 compact solid
state amp to take on DXpeditions.  I was very sorry that Elecraft did not come out
with a kw amp, because it would have been very nice to have a matching amp that
worked on HF, too.  But you are absolutely correct - 6m can be very challenging
and - especially on EME - the increased power of a few dB makes all the difference
in the world!  In fact, many times even just one dB stands between success and
failure.

GL and VY 73, Lance

On 3/16/2011 1:01 AM, Johnny Siu wrote:

> Hello Doug,
>
> I think KPA500 gives 500W in 6 m which is beyond the limit of AT-600Pro.  6m
> could be very challenging and QRO is better.
>
> Anyway, I am awaiting further details of KAT500 before proceeding further.Â
> Â cheers,
>

> Johnny VR2XMC
>

> ________________________________
> 寄件人﹕ Doug Person<[hidden email]>
> 收件人﹕ [hidden email]
> 傳�日期﹕ 2011/3/16 (三) 8:52:53 AM
> 主題: Re: [Elecraft] autotuner for new amp
>
> The MFJ-994B works OK.  The LDG AT-600Pro is much better.  I have them
> both and use them with the Ameritron ALS-600.  The K-3's tuner will tune
> many antennas/freqs that neither of these will handle.  The LDG is a
> little more expensive.  I got mine at CheapHam.com.
>
> Doug -- K0DXV
>
> On 3/15/2011 6:28 PM, Phil&  Debbie Salas wrote:
>> The MFJ-994B is $300 at R&L Electronics - might be a good choice if this is an
>> interim tuner while you wait for the KAT500.
>>
>> Phil - AD5X
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR)
P.O. Box 73
Frenchtown, MT  59834  USA
QTH: DN27UB
TEL: (406) 626-5728   URL: http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj
LIVE MESSENGER CHAT: [hidden email]  SKYPE: lancew7gj
2m DXCC #11, 6m DXCC #815

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME email Google
Group!
(or click on the link at the bottom of my web page above)