directional antenna

MC  Carpenter
does any one know where I can get the instructions for a good directional antenna for 150 to 281 kHz., code beacons used for air and marine.

Re: directional antenna

DYARNES
Probably your best bet would be a loop, like those used for enhancing
broadcast band reception.  You could probably find info on one for the  broadcast
band, and make the appropriate changes by calculating the dimensions  for that
lower frequency range.  Also, Palomar has a loop system that is  pretty good,
but don't know if one of their loops goes down that low.

Dave W7AQK

Re: directional antenna

MC  Carpenter
I forgot,  yes the beacons were in the range of 150 to 281, some went a
little higher for example Jacksonville FL is 344,  its puts out a Minstrel
power I think of two watts, with the letters "J"A" every few minutes, my
directional radio was simple radio with a swivel antenna on top mounted on a
compass rose.

another good example is North Binimi which signal has been famous for longer
than I am old, its 396 kHz, with letters "Z"B"B"

Re: directional antenna

MC  Carpenter
yes I found several small loop antenna all good for 550 to 1600 kHz,  but to get good reception at the very low end is hard, at 150 to 281 kHz.  The navy might think I'm trying to bug their antenna system.