k1 mailing list only please

greg fripp
i successfully entered the elecraft lists
i only want k1 items as someone is building one for me
at the moment, i get all elecraft mails
all the ones for k2 and k3
i only want the k1 ones. not k2 or  k3
how can i narrow the list down?
a puzzled greg

Re: k1 mailing list only please

Don Wilhelm-4
There is no separate K1 list, you will have to set up the filters in
your email client to only save those emails containing K1.

On 8/31/2012 6:16 AM, greg fripp wrote:
> i successfully entered the elecraft lists
> i only want k1 items as someone is building one for me
> at the moment, i get all elecraft mails
> all the ones for k2 and k3
> i only want the k1 ones. not k2 or  k3
> how can i narrow the list down?
> a puzzled greg

Re: k1 mailing list only please

Phil Hystad-3
Greg,

The list is not divided into different products.  But, if you want to only look at K1 then you need to add filters in your e-mail that filter by keywords such as "K1".  You could by using such a scheme grab every e-mail that mentions K1 even if the email is not really about a K1 specifically.  A sloppy filtering would also capture a message from K1KK (which apparently is the world wide DX contest club) if they were to submit something and include their call sign.

As for me, I capture everything and save everything.  I started on the lists in November 2009 so I have every or at least most of all messages.  I do filtering when I am looking up something.  So, if I want to look up K1 I merely type in K1 on my filter window (I use Mac mail on my Macbook Pro) and the list is automatically limited to just those K1 messages.

I recommend this approach as there is a lot of useful information that comes across this list (and, some not so useful) and who knows, if you are like a lot of other guys, you may soon be the owner of a KX1, a KX3, a K3, and everything else.  Elecraft is very habit forming.

73, phil, K7PEH

On Aug 31, 2012, at 3:16 AM, greg fripp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i successfully entered the elecraft lists
> i only want k1 items as someone is building one for me
> at the moment, i get all elecraft mails
> all the ones for k2 and k3
> i only want the k1 ones. not k2 or  k3
> how can i narrow the list down?
> a puzzled greg

Re: k1 mailing list only please

Tom McCulloch
Phil's filtering suggestion warrants a repeat of an earlier suggestion
that the subject line of e-mails contain the type of rig the e-mail
relates to (in his example "K1" should appear in the subject line) to
facilitate filtering.  As hard as it is to believe, not all of us have
K3's...hi.

Tom, WB2QDG
K2 1103

On 8/31/2012 10:11 AM, Phil Hystad wrote:

> Greg,
>
> The list is not divided into different products.  But, if you want to only look at K1 then you need to add filters in your e-mail that filter by keywords such as "K1".  You could by using such a scheme grab every e-mail that mentions K1 even if the email is not really about a K1 specifically.  A sloppy filtering would also capture a message from K1KK (which apparently is the world wide DX contest club) if they were to submit something and include their call sign.
>
> As for me, I capture everything and save everything.  I started on the lists in November 2009 so I have every or at least most of all messages.  I do filtering when I am looking up something.  So, if I want to look up K1 I merely type in K1 on my filter window (I use Mac mail on my Macbook Pro) and the list is automatically limited to just those K1 messages.
>
> I recommend this approach as there is a lot of useful information that comes across this list (and, some not so useful) and who knows, if you are like a lot of other guys, you may soon be the owner of a KX1, a KX3, a K3, and everything else.  Elecraft is very habit forming.
>
> 73, phil, K7PEH
>

> On Aug 31, 2012, at 3:16 AM, greg fripp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> i successfully entered the elecraft lists
>> i only want k1 items as someone is building one for me
>> at the moment, i get all elecraft mails
>> all the ones for k2 and k3
>> i only want the k1 ones. not k2 or  k3
>> how can i narrow the list down?
>> a puzzled greg
>>

>> --
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: k1 mailing list only please

Phil Hystad-3
Tom,

I think the solution to proper filtering, finding, and so forth is for all Elecraft customers to buy all Elecraft equipment.  Therefore, no matter what rig is being discussed, it is of potential interest.

Therefore, I think that Eric and Wayne should encourage people to buy all their equipment.  I know this is a new idea but it may work.

73, phil, K7PEH