looking for XG3 amp...

John Ragle
Anyone know of a 1 -- 5 watt amp for the XG3? ... I would be
particularly interested in a small 6 meter narrow-band amp as a kit.

John Ragle -- W1ZI

Re: looking for XG3 amp...

wayne burdick
Administrator
Bear in mind that the XG3's synth chip has a fairly constant -105 dBc/
Hz phase noise at all frequencies -- about 30 dB worse than typical
high-performance transceivers. You wouldn't want to follow it with a KW.

To use it as a multiband transmitter, you'll also want to provide a
way to shape the keying (at least for CW) and you'll need low-pass
filtering.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Jun 22, 2011, at 2:40 PM, John Ragle wrote:

> Anyone know of a 1 -- 5 watt amp for the XG3? ... I would be
> particularly interested in a small 6 meter narrow-band amp as a kit.
>
> John Ragle -- W1ZI

Re: looking for XG3 amp...

W7GJ, Lance
How much power could you get out of a simple 1 transistor amp on 6m with the XG3
driving it?  Maybe that could be an easy way to make a real 6m beacon if it had a
little 12 VDC amp following it...  VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ
(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
page (above)!