low bat KX1

MC  Carpenter
even with new batteries the low bat come up is this a adjustment problem or is a component not of the correct value

Re: low bat KX1

wayne burdick
Administrator

On Sep 22, 2004, at 6:59 PM, MC Carpenter wrote:

> even with new batteries the low bat come up is this a adjustment
> problem or is a component not of the correct value

Hi MC,

The LO BAT warning threshold is programmable using the "BAT" menu
entry. You may have it set too low.

You can also check the battery voltage at any time using BAT display
mode. See the quick-reference guide in the back of the manual.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---

http://www.elecraft.com

Re: low bat KX1

John Mahon-2
MC,
The low battery voltage value can be set in one of the menus.
Maybe you have yours set too high?
I have my rig set for 7.5V and I don't get a low battery warning until
it drops to that value.
Good luck.
John N2YC
KX1 336

MC Carpenter wrote:

>even with new batteries the low bat come up is this a adjustment problem or is a component not of the correct value

Re: low bat KX1

MC  Carpenter
sorry about that I worded that question  wrong, here is the question in a
different  way.

when I go to menu,  the menu screen  is not the same as in the back of the
book for example BAT comes up bae when I look for RPT it comes up as rPe
when I look for STP it comes up SeP is this correct for this programmed chip
the reason I ask is because the first chip I had was by mistake sent to me
un programmed and had to be returned to company. so I am not sure if its NOW
correctly giving the right output.

Where are the suggested settings, I understand the battery reading being
kept at 9 volts or even a little lower but what is best for the other
settings ... because I do not get anything from the audio from either band