question-equivalence of systems

Larry-2
I am now using an Icom756proII and an electracraft 500 watt power amplifier. If I replace my Icom with the electracraft receiver-100 watt, what else will I need to have an equivalent system? thanks. k4mwe.

question

Larry-2
do I have to resend my original request? best, k4mwe

(no subject)

Larry-2
do I have to resend my original request? best, k4mwe

Re: question

If you want an answer to whatever the question was, you should repeat
the request.
But please remember that this is a user email list, and not a support
organization.  No one here is under any obligation to answer questions.

On 12/27/2011 2:11 PM, Larry wrote:
> do I have to resend my original request? best, k4mwe

Re: question-equivalence of systems

AB3EN
"what else will I need to have an equivalent system? thanks."

The answer depends upon what you do with K3 and what you currently like and dislike about the 756proII. The K3 has some significantly better spec's than the Icom. (Check the Elecraft website by looking at the Rig Comparisons at http://www.elecraft.com/K2_perf.htm). The order page makes it easy to pick you rig capabilities and customize the K3. For example the filter selections depend upon what you want to do with the K3, the second receiver adds another dimension and the selection of the P3 pan adapter still more flexibility.

Tell us more and we can give your our take on the ultimate K3.

73
Dan

Dan AB3EN

Re: question-equivalence of systems