reflector

Arato Andras-2
Hi Robby,

I like reading digest. See your original posting below. My mailbox is
on a Linux machine and reach it with terminal program. Reading the
Today's Topics part of the big mail, I choose by Subject and by
author. I use a search string like this: ": 1".

Type always one space before the number. Sometimes this kind of
searching string results faulty hits. In this case a get next hit or
change the string.

It is simple, spartan but works.

73! de HA4AA Andras

K2/100 #2398
KX1    #275

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:28:38 -0400
From: "robby robertson" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Elecraft] reflector

Does anyone know a good way to read the digests from this reflector.
I do not want to receive 50 emails a day to get 2 or 3 that are of
interest to me. The K3 digest is getting ignored here because of all
the repeat information I have to wade through.

There must be a better way.

-Robby

VY2SS

Re: reflector

Arato Andras-2
One more remark. I get  Plain Text Digests.

73! de HA4AA Andras.

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, Arato Andras wrote:

> Hi Robby,
>
> I like reading digest. See your original posting below. My mailbox is on a
> Linux machine and reach it with terminal program. Reading the Today's Topics
> part of the big mail, I choose by Subject and by author. I use a search
> string like this: ": 1".
>
> Type always one space before the number. Sometimes this kind of searching
> string results faulty hits. In this case a get next hit or change the string.
>
> It is simple, spartan but works.
>
> 73! de HA4AA Andras
>
> K2/100 #2398
> KX1    #275

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:28:38 -0400
> From: "robby robertson" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Elecraft] reflector
>
> Does anyone know a good way to read the digests from this reflector. I do not
> want to receive 50 emails a day to get 2 or 3 that are of interest to me. The
> K3 digest is getting ignored here because of all the repeat information I
> have to wade through.
>
> There must be a better way.
>

> -Robby
>
> VY2SS

Re: reflector

Richard Ferch
KA5KKT wrote:
> * I subscribe to the reflector in Digest Mode (I have MS Outlook for
> email).
> * I create a rule to send Digest postings to Deleted Items
> * I read the reflector posts via my Web Browser at

Dick, you don't need to subscribe in Digest mode and throw away the
digests. You can subscribe without any e-mail at all. I do that for
virtually all of the reflectors I am subscribed to.

The elecraft mailing list postings can be accessed from at least three
places on the web, each with a slightly different interface:

<http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2010-January/date.html>
<http://marc.info/?l=elecraft>
<http://n2.nabble.com/Elecraft-f365791.html>

73,
Rich VE3KI

Re: reflector

Bill W4ZV

Richard Ferch wrote
The elecraft mailing list postings can be accessed from at least three
places on the web, each with a slightly different interface:

<http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2010-January/date.html>
<http://marc.info/?l=elecraft>
<http://n2.nabble.com/Elecraft-f365791.html>
And yet another (which is searchable):

http://www.mail-archive.com/elecraft@mailman.qth.net/maillist.html

73,  Bill

Re: reflector

David Woolley (E.L)
Arato Andras wrote:
> One more remark. I get Plain Text Digests.

I could tell that from the broken threading.  If you want to reply to
the list, you really need to use MIME Digests.

--
David Woolley
"we do not overly restrict the subject matter on the list, and we