who owns more than one K2, and why?

John Shadle
Obviously this kit is made to be modular (add a component, remove a
component, etc.), but who has decided to own more than one K2--and
why?

Curious minds want to know.
-john W4PAH

Saving splits to memory

W8ZN
OK, I spent an hour last night trying to figure this out. Have the latest firmware and wanted to take advantage of the new transverter IF range to program a 222 repeater frequency for my repeater. Was able to easily set 224.34 in VFO A and 222.74 in VFO B hit split and it works great. However when I save to one of the 99 general purpose memories, the split doesn't save. I've gone through all the release notes and the manual and find nothing that says it should or shouldn't save.

What am I missing??

Thanks,

Terry

Re: who owns more than one K2, and why?

L. D. Ingram
At 08:50 AM 5/12/2009, you wrote:
Obviously this kit is made to be modular (add a component, remove a
component, etc.), but who has decided to own more than one K2--and
why

Hi John,

I have 2 K2s. I use my K2/100 for HF work (mostly CW) and the other
one is the IF for my 6 and 2 meter transverters (also Elecraft). This
way I can monitor for VHF band openings while I am enjoying a ragchew
on one of the lower bands.

Larry Ingram  AG4NN

Re: who owns more than one K2, and why?

w7aqk
I own two of them.  One is here at home, and the other is "resident" in my
motorhome, which I use in the summer in Oregon, and it is stored there
during the winter.  Hauling radios back and forth is a problem, particularly
with my XYL!  Can't say I blame her, since there is barely enough room in
the car for our luggage, our bullmastiff, and the two of us!!!!

Dave W7AQK

> Obviously this kit is made to be modular (add a component, remove a
> component, etc.), but who has decided to own more than one K2--and
> why?
>
> Curious minds want to know.
> -john W4PAH

Re: Saving splits to memory

W8ZN
Please ignore this email.......................RTFM

Re: Saving splits to memory

M0XDF
Which section - since if you can miss it, so can we
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
The problem with being sure that God is on your side is that you can't
change your mind, because God sure isn't going to change His. -Roger

On 12 May 2009, at 14:37, [hidden email] wrote:

> Please ignore this email.......................RTFM

Bill Steffey NY9H

started out with sn#260,,,  as a qrp /mobile/battery system in a pelican case
then added the KA100/ KAT 100 in an EC2 enclosure.
Then I perforated the front of the EC2 for two elipitical
speakers...on the front.
That also in a pelican case....

then I obtained a sn#3200 k2/100   with external tuner..   for the
shack station along side an Icom.

The station K2 got replaced by a K3...   so I need to figure out
which set to sell... or maybe both .

and this is how I ended up with 2  k2s.

bill

K3  field case